Where were you when?
1. Where were you when President John F. Kennedy was assassinated?
I hadn't been born yet. But my dad is obsessed with this part of history, so I've learned about it a billion times.
2. Where were you when Michael Phelps won his 8th gold medal in the 2008 Olympics?
I was at my wife's parents' house. We were watching the opening ceremonies on their DVR during the commercials.
3. Where were you when the verdict for the O.J. Simpson murder trial was announced? The white Bronco chase?
I was in Ms. Bachelor's yearbook class. Everything at school stopped, and there was a collective sigh of confusion. As for the chase, we were on a family trip and made a stop in Idaho Falls to visit on of Michelle's friends from Disney World. We watched it at her house.
4. Where were you when you first saw the music video for Michael Jackson's "Thriller?"
I actually don't remember, I just remember being scared of all the corpses (before they started dancing)
5. Where were you when Niel Armstrong walked on the moon?
Wasn't born yet
6. Where were you when you first heard about the September 11th attacks on America?
I was in the MTC reading in Alma. They came over the loud speaker and made the announcement. It was all sort of surreal and I don't think any of us totally realized how significant it was until we got out of the MTC. I actually didn't see any footage of it until I got home two years later.
7. Where were you when John Stockton hit "the shot" to send the Utah Jazz to the finals? (Mostly for Jazz fans)
My dad and I were in our main family room, trying to pack for our trip to Hawaii. When he hit the shot, we threw everything we were packing around, ran around the house, and then outside only to see some of our neighbors running around outside as well.
8. Where were you when you first saw a "Star Wars" movie?
Probably at home. I wasn't ever a huge Star Wars guy. My sister Kerry would be better to ask this question
9. Where were you when the Berlin Wall fell?
I don't remember
10. Where you were when you first heard a Beatles song?
Probably at Lake Powell. The song "Michelle" was on the family favorites mix-tape that my dad made for boating trips.
11. Where were you when Hurricane Katrina hit?
I remember again, I was at my in laws house again preparing for a family dinner.
12. Where were you when Magic Johnson announced his early retirement due to HIV?
I don't remember the exact moment I heard, but I remember my dad taping every interview that was on TV. I also remember gathering every Magic Johnson Basketball Card I had to put it in it's own special case.
13. Where were you when you watched your first reality TV show, and what was it?
It was the second season of "Survivor" after the Super Bowl. I believe it was in Australia.
If you've been tagged:
Copy this blog as a new post on your blog.
Answer the questions as interestingly as you possibly can.
Tag 6 to 8 of your friends at the end
Tagging: Anyone reading this.